Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1.31.12 Watching the Watcher

Today I got a glimpse of what I must look like to others as I scrabble about the island taking pictures. My lovely companion and I took a walk on the downtown Minneapolis side today, observing our island from afar. We spotted this fellow near the Grove Street Flats, photographing the houseboat moored at the shore--which I myself have examined and photographed on many occasions.

Here is what the fellow is photographing--and what I too am photographing, though from a different perspective, and with an attractive reflection in the river not available to my counterpart on the far shore. Something else which my perspective reveals, also denied to my counterpart, is the way in which the colors of the boat and the colors of the Grove Street Flats complement each other.

This is something that my companion and I are noticing for the first time (duh!), and also how the colors of the 2nd houseboat and the colors of the Grain Belt Beer sign also complement each other. Surely this is no accident, and the owners of both boats have painted their vessels in a way that would best complement their surroundings--for which I thank and applaud them.


Life flows on, in and around us--giving rise to beauty in similarities as well as in differences.

D.E.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment